Optimer® is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative hospital specialty products that have a positive impact on society. We have actively engaged with strategic partners to further this mission. Recent collaborations have focused on increasing patient access to fidaxomicin, particularly in global markets where C. difficile has emerged as a serious health problem, including:
- Astellas Pharma Europe Ltd: a collaboration to develop and commercialize fidaxomicin in Europe, Russia, South Africa, North Africa and the Middle East, under the trade name DIFICLIR™ (fidaxomicin) tablets
- Astellas Pharma Inc: a collaboration to develop and commercialize fidaxomicin in Japan
- AstraZeneca: a collaboration to commercialize fidaxomicin in in South America, including Brazil, Central America, Mexico and the Caribbean.
- Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Inc.: a two year co-promotion agreement to commercialize fidaxomicin in the United States
- Specialised Therapeutics Australia Pty. Ltd.: a license agreement to register and commercialize fidaxomicin in Australia and New Zealand
To discuss partnering and licensing opportunities with Optimer, please contact our business development team led by:
Bhooshi De Silva, VP International & Head of Business Development